The goal is to filter very tiny things, but also remain breathable. The solution is a two layer mask and a HEPA or N95 filter insert.
1. outer fabric layer, UPF 50:
facing out, is a densely-woven, droplet repellent, nylon fabric known to block at least 98% of UV light…
2. lining/FILTER POCKET, UPF 30:
Against your face is a fabric that is silky-soft and comfortable. There is a vertical slit in this layer, making it a filter pocket. This layer is a tightly woven cotton/nylon/ployester blend known to block 97% of UV light. This makes it also good for filtering
There is a coated double-wire stitched into the top edge of the mask, so you can create a good seal with the bridge of your nose.
4. SOFT SUSPENSION:
The elastic used to hold the mask to your head is 3/4 inch “fold-over” elastic binding. It’s really soft and stretchy so it won’t put any pressure on your nose. A wider strap is also easier to keep in place on your head, and it will not irritate your ears. It is adjustable by moving a knot.
1. OuterU’s design uses elastic running through tunnels, that collapse and expand as needed, so the sides of the mask keep contact with the unique cheeks of each user.
2. The single, large, horizontal pleat ends just beyond the tip of the nose, taking pressure off the tip of the nose, while keeping a good seal with the bridge of the nose.
3. Wrapping material further under the chin, and a little further to the sides of the face provides less chance of something reaching your mouth/nose, and adds to the seal.
4. Darts along the jaw line allow faceGlove PPE fold at the correct point on EVERY unique chin and jaw–unlike masks that already have a built-in shape, and therefore, can’t possibly fit everyone correctly.
Machine washable. The wire will be misshapen after it’s tumbled with other clothes, but it can be re-straightened. The ends of the strap might need to be burned a couple times in the mask’s life to prevent fraying. AIR DRY.